Existing Member?

Young wanderlust Wanderlust is a strong desire to travel the world... 17 years old, with the world in front of my feet!

Throwback; Full Moon Party 2012

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 30 April 2014 | Views [510]

I am still amazed my parents let us do this. The fact they trusted me this much, but not only me; the world as well. 

We were sitting at Cafe 69 in a dusty road on Ko Samui, my best friend, my parents and I, sipping on a fancy smoothie made by the local chef with ambitions on getting cafe 69 on the world culinary map. The clock was ticking, and we knew it was less than an hour before we were supposed to meet our taxi driver to take us down to the dock. 16 years of age, we had made a little mistake the night before the event, and we were most certain we would not on earth be allowed to go to the world famous Full Moon Party. My parents faces were impossible to read. 

Suddenly, my mum says "Okay girls, get your feet running, get your neon tops and get your butts back to the hotel - you will be picked up in 30 minutes!" We were screaming with joy, rushing back to the hotel getting ready. We had only heard about this party, and we did not know how this night would turn out to become one of the best nights of our lives. 

"Do not accept any drinks from anyone, stay together and be careful!" That was the rules our taxi driver came with when she dropped us off down by the dock. "And adding to this, have fun girls" she said and left the dock, leaving us alone in the humid, warm, tropical weather, before we could enter one of the boats taking us to Koh Phangan. 
The boat was crowded with party-people, singing loudly and passing a bottle of something around. "Do not accept any drinks from anyone", that was the first rule we got told. We clearly stood out, as young as we were with our sun-bleached blonde hair and our scandinavinan cinnamon-tanned skin. We passed it on, knowing how dangerous it could be. As the boat speeded up, we leaned our head backs laughing and just getting the taste on how incredible life sometimes can be. 

Colors everywhere, music pumping from the massive speakers and the first thing my best friend does is buying the wrong top. We didnt know before one stated it out "You know your wearing a Half Moon Top, right?" We cracked up laughing, and before everyone gathered down on the beach, we managed to change the top. 

The sun went down, the music was louder, the smell of food intrigued the air and the sound of Thaipeople selling buckets for a cheap price was everywhere. We were singing, dancing and throwing around us with neon paint. Norwegian flags were painted everywhere, and I became a part of an australian indian Tribe. The music were the only thing I could hear, and I was smiling more than ever dancing to the rythms, seeing the beaming neon colors and the variety of people coming from all over the world to enjoy this night. Moments like this reminds you of how important it is to enjoy every moment, and make them last forever.

We arrived safely back in Bo put in the early morning, after new friendships were made, new memories were made and a bucketload of paint was used. And for some reason, a pair of goggles, a new hat, some neon beads, and a bunch of other pointless funny things were hanging around my neck. I'm still unsure of why I got all those things, and maybe thats for the best. For now, they are hanging in my room and I laugh every time I look at them. Maybe one day I will return to the amazing island of Koh Phangan, and pass them over to the next couple of young norwegian girls having the time of their lives. 

Tags: beach, full moon, neon, party, thailand

About livew


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.