Existing Member?

On a Crest of A Wave . . .

Start of the Big Trip - London to New York and Good Karma

USA | Monday, 5 September 2011 | Views [175]

5th of September has finally arrived and after giving a couple of people directions in Heathrow I was boarding. I have now endured a fairly 'normal' and boring flight on a British Airways aeroplane but I must admit I did have a few giggles watching everyone trying to manage their cups of juice/wine etc when we went through several periods of turbulance.

Met a guy who was sat next to me (he was unaware that he was actually in the wrong seat but nobody else came!). He was from France and after a few minutes chatting we realised that he was going to the same New York hostel as me.

Now this is where my good karma will come from - at the airport I arranged for him to come on my airport transfer shuttle bus after all we were going to the same place. How nice of me!

Glorious sunshine met us at JFK airport and the journey to the hostel was long and this is where I have some more good karma coming to me. Helped a guy who was going to his Jewish university who only had a 100 dollar bill, was starting to panic because the shuttle guy would not change it. Yes, you've guessed super Rachel to the rescue I am sure I saw my sign in the sky too just like Batman! Changed his 100 dollar bill for him then panicked about how I could spend it - I'm sure I would find a way!

Hostel was friendly but compact. Somebody was in my room but I had not met them before I zonked out on the bed. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Tags: airport/flying

About littlebird


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.