Existing Member?

lisa & paul's grand adventure Lisa and Paul's grand adventure, journey with us to new and exciting places!

Wilderness adventure to Tyak

CANADA | Friday, 21 September 2007 | Views [1816] | Comments [1]

This is a view of the lodge we were all staying in.  There were about 10 guests staying with us here.  They all had their own rooms, we shared a sofa bed, so we didn't get much sleep, but the view from the balcony in the morning made up for this!

This is a view of the lodge we were all staying in. There were about 10 guests staying with us here. They all had their own rooms, we shared a sofa bed, so we didn't get much sleep, but the view from the balcony in the morning made up for this!

Paul and I accompanied 17 guests on a trip to a resort called Tyak, this is a really remote resort in the mountains. The journey took us about 4 hours, and isn't one to be forgotten! The views were amazing, but then the road got windyer and windyer (hmm,can't figure out if this is how I spell it, should it be windier? As long as you all know what I mean then that is all that matters!), and bumpier and bumpier! In the end the road disappeared and we were travelling up a dirt track. Luckily we were travelling in a monster truck called Big Red, the 4wd really helped out with some of the tracks when we arrived at the resort! It started to rain while we were on our way, making it an even more 'interesting journey' by the time we arrived Paul could only see out of a small strip on the windscreen! While at the resort the guests went out on their mountain bikes, and travelled around in a float plane, Paul and I took the time when they were out and about to enjoy the views and go out on the lake. We borrowed a pedallo, and then a canoe, the pedallo was just about the slowest way to get around I have ever experienced, so we quickly swapped this for a canoe. Once we were used to the way that it rocked around if we moved we had a great time, it was so peaceful on the lake, the jumping Salmon also made an appearence! We weren't in Tyak for long, we travelled out on Tuesday and then back on Wednesday, but it was well worth a visit!

Tags: Mountains

Comments

1

It sounds like fun, hope you were not travel sick? Jumping Salmon, what is that all about?

  Dad Sep 24, 2007 3:52 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.