Existing Member?

lisa & paul's grand adventure Lisa and Paul's grand adventure, journey with us to new and exciting places!

Have arrived in Christchurch New Zealand

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 18 October 2007 | Views [20215] | Comments [10]

New Zealand is so green, there are so many plants and trees everywhere!! It looks a bit like home, there is even a river Avon in Christchurch!  Nice to be somewhere we can take a proper walk, and don't need to drive everywhere.

New Zealand is so green, there are so many plants and trees everywhere!! It looks a bit like home, there is even a river Avon in Christchurch! Nice to be somewhere we can take a proper walk, and don't need to drive everywhere.

Paul and I are now in New Zealand, after a really long flight, (two days in total) we arrived to find that it was warm and sunny! Yay, since then we have hit a patch of rainy cold weather, but I have decided that this won't last too long!! Waiting for a nice sunny day so we can go an explore.

So far New Zealand has felt quite like home, it is lovely and green with lots of plants and trees.  The roads are quiet and there are normal size cars, no more monster 4 x 4's like in America.

We are currently staying in a seaside town called New Brighton, this is a small town just outside Christchurch.  Will spend the next couple of days exploring, we are then hoping to find somewhere to settle for the next month so we can find some work to bring in a couple of extra pennies!

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

How beautiful is New Zealand? I would like to make it there someday...Dec. 05, I was blessed by being able to spend three weeks in Australia. I was visiting my girlfriend {my wife now} and her family...It was a dream come true. Flew into Sydney and took the coastal route south to her home in Glenn Waverly,Mel.
The colours of the birds and flowers...the birds songs...So much sky..the clear cold swim in the ocean...the foods,wines,coffees...everything was so good.
I am ready to go back...I would like to try to work and live abroad ....I am in my early 50's and there is so much to see and do....
Thank you,
robert pitt
denton,texas

  Robert Pitt Oct 18, 2007 9:11 AM

2

Do you even know who that Robert Guy is??!! Ha ha! Look, I have finally got onto your webpage :) Hope you are still having lots of fun. Love to you and Paul. xxx

  Rachel Chadderton Oct 25, 2007 1:34 AM

3

Glad you are safe & sound in New Zealand. I'm chuffed to bits that I have beaten Rachel onto your webpage. There's life in the old folks yet!
Hope the job hunt goes well.
Keep the pictures coming.
Talk to you soon,
Dad x

  Dad Oct 26, 2007 7:20 AM

4

Hi we went to New Zealand 4years ago,we had a camper-van and travel all over the north island,we had the time of our lives and something my husband will never forget,if we were 30 years younger we would have emigrated out there,hope to go again before we pop our clogs Helen.

  helen May 12, 2008 3:35 AM

5

=]

  =] Jul 9, 2008 3:53 AM

6

It's my dream land. I really want to go there. It looks so peaceful and green. I love the nature.

  sansan Sep 6, 2008 7:03 PM

7

HI......
M FROM INDIA....
DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT NEWZEALAND......
BUT REALLY THINK OF SETLING THERE SUM DAY......
WOULD LOVE 2 KNW MORE ABT DIS PLACE.....
........THANKS........

  HOPE Sep 23, 2008 7:25 PM

8

I really loved to be there someday...Just like you, with someone that you loved. I've seen the making of 'Lord Of The Ring'. And they said that place of The Hobbits is in New Zealand. Can you tell me where is it? Oh ya, nice to read your post....

  Cuteberry Oct 6, 2008 3:52 PM

9

Hi

Sounds like you're having a great time, I live in New Zealand and believe me, America looks a lot more appealing than NZ in a lot of aspects. If you enjoy the bush and sightseeing I recommend the Waitakere Ranges in Auckland, its pretty awesome.

  Shrike Oct 14, 2008 4:15 PM

10

I am a new zealander, yep a true kiwi, been living there for eight years now i am 15(young, i know).
recently my parents moved to australia so i had to make a move as well. I was so sad and did not want to leave this beautiful country: i mean i loved everything about it the landmarks school(avondale college is the best, they all rock) i miss my friends and everything they are the best things in my life, love you guys all.I HAVE VISITED THE PLACES WHERE THEY SHOT LORD OF THE RINGS its absolutly amazing.Australia is awesome i am loving it here. The weather is very nice!!! please hope that evrything goes well for me...more than well.

Mysha Ox

  Mysha Nov 12, 2008 11:26 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.