Existing Member?

Look for Lily!

First Entry of the trip.

THAILAND | Tuesday, 8 April 2008 | Views [334] | Comments [2]

Hi Everyone,

So my journey to South East Asia begins in Bombay. I travel alone from London after a teary goodbye. It felt so wierd to be leaving and going on my own. I felt a mixture of fear, excitiment and bafflement! Also I was feeling pretty ill which didn't help. But I made it to the plane early with my bag packed, my boarding pass and eager to get going. The plane journey was pretty long but felt good to sleeeeep. It was so exciting arriving in Bombay and so far away from home. There were loads of mosquitos and for a moment I thought I had to turn back around to London as I didn't have an India visa! It was o.k though and I was treated as a transit passenger. So after more plane flights, baggage collection, immigration departure and a six hour wait in Colombo airport I met Jessie and Claire! It was such a relief! We went straight to a taxi point where we met Sharna who after organising a hotel and lift back and from the station said he would see us tonight at 6.30pm to take us for dinner! We politely declined.

Sri Lanka is beautiful. Green palm trees and blue skies. Everything seems alot more orange! People were staring at us alot aswell. We decided to go swimming after checking in. The beach was literally 10 steps away from our hotel. We were so excited getting into our bikini's, sun tan lotion and grabbing our sarongs. However as we ran down into the beach Jessie spotted this man race over to the side of the sea and promptly start to well masturbate! It was sooo horrible! Claire ran out while me and Jessie ducked under the sea! It was rather shocking to say the least.

Soooo anyway oh one fo the nights in Sri Lanka there was this big race with lots of dsri lankan boys and men running bare footed through the streets with all these biciclye and tuk tuk's driving past them. It was such an incredible scene though because there was loads of lighting and thunder which covers the whole horizon and a hundred black crows circling the black stormy sky. Then literally down the road a church flooded with lights from the floor and a priest chanting sermons. It was wonderful!

So we arrived in Bangkok on Sunday really early in the morning having had hardly any sleep especially because I was sitting behind this very rude man who pushed his chair RIGHT back, Hu! We then ventured out into the madness of Bangkok and had such a wild night drinking buckets, meeting thai and western people and dancing our socks of until 6 that morning! We've seen The Reclining Buddha which is absolutely spectacluar. All of us in unison walked in gasping WOW!! Also The Golden Mountain and the Phat Pong night Market thanks to Lin who is this lovely thai girl which we befriended. She recently got together with her German boyfriend who she is crazy about. I think she is a little crazy herself but that is why we love her!

Oh my god and we saw a ping pong show! Thinking it wouold be nothing more than a laugh but oh my it is something else! Girls pulling threads of needles from their fannies and shooting bits of banana here there and everywhere!

Ok wow I've written loads sorry but so much to say! Will keep this updated as much as I can but don't worry if you only look at the pictures hehe! Today we're off to The Queens Gallery to see some modern Thai Art and possible this holy shrine where woman go to get prgnant. The shrine is surrounded with over 100 male organs! Then we are off to the South to see the beautiful beaches and swim amongst the little fishy's. I miss everyone but am having a wonderful time and am in good health and spirit.

Love to all x x x x x x x

 

Comments

1

Aaah, Lilykins you are soooo far away. Glad you are all having a fab time. The pics look great. Lots of love and look after each other xxxx

  Ailise Apr 9, 2008 9:03 PM

2

Soooooo jealous, sounds like you really are having a super duper time. You look gorgeous in the pics and you all look like you're having a right larf. Enjoy your adventure and keep the entries flooding in!

Lots of love and a big squeeze., Lucin. xxx

  Lucin Apr 14, 2008 11:11 PM

About lily_lagoona


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.