Existing Member?

Lilly Wanders

7 days and counting.

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 17 July 2011 | Views [333] | Comments [1]

I am leaving the UK in precisely 7 days. That's 168 hours or 10080 minutes. Now, as I will be sleeping for a good chunk of that time (56 hours or so) and at school for another substantial chunk, I decided this weekend was the weekend of Being Organised. Sort of.


First task - get packing! This is all the stuff I'm taking  (plus walking boots and clothes to actually wear and a few cables which are in the depths of a drawer back in Harrow) and this is the rather small 40 lites backpack I've squeezed it into(I'm still trying to figure pictures out. Bear with me)

Next job on the list - Japan. Now, NZ and SF are fairly straight forward in my head - I speak the language, I've got somewhere to stay and it really shouldn't cause too many problems - I can read maps and ask for directions. So far, so simple. Not so in Japan. Can't speak the lingo or even attempt to read the language. Also, have a mad scheme to try and fit in Tokyo AND Kyoto in 4 and a half days, leaving me in definite need of headache relief. So...2 days in Tokyo. Catch the bullet train (yes!) to Kyoto Wednesday morning, stay there over night and then get a late overnight bus back to Toyko for a morning's exploration before picking up my Auckland flight. Just a few tweaks left for this plan to really start to roll properly but I think I've gotten my head around it. 


Jobs left to do - print everything off and photocopy important documents. Leave copies with parents and online. Sort out travel money and ensure I'm not going to go bankrupt whilst abroad (could be tricky...!) Try not to panic. Or cry. Or both.


A grand adventure awaits my friends!

 

Comments

1

Great idea! I can pretend I'm coming with you and relive my NZ experience! My niece is heading there with her boyfriend at Christmas. Not fair!! Have turned a funny green colour.............

  Chris Jul 19, 2011 7:38 AM

About lillywanders

Me!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.