Existing Member?

Lil & Bren's Africa Adventure

Day 6 to 10

BOTSWANA | Sunday, 30 December 2012 | Views [368]

Hi all,

We are finally in Maun.

This has to be a quick one, as I\m about to go and buy some Food and drinks for a night in the Okavango Delta.

Christmas Day was AMAZING! We made it to Livingstone and celebrated Christmas by going on a Gorge Swing (Friggen crazy!) and going on a sunset cruise. It was so beautiful. We were lucky enough to see hippo and crocs.

Boxing Day we got up at 5:30am to go to a lion conservation park where we got to walk with the lions. WOW I sat with two lions, can't wait to show you the photo's.

Later that day I went on an Elephant safari (which consists of riding an elephant through the bush and basically seeing what they see). My elephant was a young mum and her 2 year old baby was close by at all time. It was just me and the handler riding the elephant so it was extra special.

Bren got to go white water rafting in Victoria Falls. The boat capsized once and luckily he came out unscathed. He said it was an amzing experience.

After camping for over a week we decided to get a room with a shower and had a night chilling.

The day after we went to Vic Falls in the morning and was met by some crazy baboons, god those things are scarey. One girl got in a tug of war with one and unfortunatley lost. it ran off with her bag and everything in it.

The Falls themselves were amazing, there is constantly a rainbow going over them. As you can imagine there was A LOT of spray from the falls so we got drenched.

We then drove back to Chobe National Park and did a safari (saw lots of baboons, mongoose, empalla, water buck, elephants etc.) In the evening we did a sunset cruise and I can't tell you how many hippos we saw. They are some wild beasts, I don't know how they\re little legs hold their massive bodies up.

We drove 600km today to Maun in Botswana and we will stay here tonight before going to the Okavango Delta to spend tomorrow night. We'll be back in Maun for New Years Eve, we have no plans so hping to paryty with some locals.

 

I\m in such a rush that Ive probably missed things but have been keeping track of most things and am excited to show you the photos when we return.

 

Sorry for the poor spelling. lol. gotta run.

 

Love always Lil and Bren xoxo

About lillian_butler

Perth

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.