Existing Member?

West 2 East

Nanchang and Hangzhou

CHINA | Friday, 30 July 2010 | Views [652]

My time spent in Nanchang, though short was very pleasant.  I managed to catch up with Johnson and young Nick, both of whom I have known for the last 5 years.

On my second night there, we managed to demolish half a Mongolian BBQ Lamb and boy, have I missed this since being in Guangdong Province.

On my trip to Nanchang, I ran in to another Aussie on hols here until the end of August. John came and visited me and I told him of my adventures to date in China, plus some of the things one should and should not do here.

While now in Hangzhou and leaving today for Shanghai, I have also caught up with more friends and enjoyed a well earned rest.  Hangzhou has changed some since my last trip and it never ceases to amaze me how things can appear over night.  There will be a new Marriott hotel opening soon, right in the central part of Hangzhou.

On my second night, I finally got to meet Ronan's parents and we all went out for dinner at a typical Hangzhou restaurant, where we stuffed ourselves to our hearts delight.  The duck we ordered came out with a certificate and I guess this means it is duck and not something else :-)

After dinner Ronan and I ventured to the 1945 bar, where another great friend of mine works - Windsor.  Windsor is Chinese and sings English songs and is how I first met him, back in 2004.  Then his hair was long and now it is shorter than mine, though it does suit him.

Yesterday was a pleasant day by having lunch with Janey, my first teachers assistant back in 2004.  We have been great friends ever since and are more like sisters now.

Some of the pictures I am adding are of Johnson, Nick, Ronan, his parents and Windsor, mainly for those of you who know what I am talking about and can see an up date of them all.

Onwards to Shanghai and with luck, my next up date will be from Nanjing, where I will have more time to write.  There I will be catching up with Chuck and as we always do when we get together, we will enjoy some great Chinese/Western food and a few good drinks, not forgetting lots of laughter.

Till next time.........keep smiling :-)

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.