Existing Member?

Due South (and a little West)

Wiser and Braver - the key to navigation and eating!!!

JAPAN | Monday, 10 December 2007 | Views [690] | Comments [1]

Haha... im obviously seriously bored if im updating this thing again!!! Or Japanese tv just aint that appealing!!!

(I appologise in advance for the lack of punctuation - this keyboard is absolutely screwed, and having spent forever last night just working out where to find the English characters, I aint spending all of this evening working out where the correct punctuation marks are hidden!!!)

So... (relatively) early to rise this morning - and out to brave the rail and subway system - in rush hour!!! But, despite the blonde hair - I suceeded!!! Yea!!! Although rush hour is crazy!!! So millions of people commute into Tokyo from the suburbs everyday on the rail system - its mad, imagine the tube but much, much worse!!! As youre waiting to board, more and more people pile off, and when you think theyre done... nope -they just keep coming!!! (And still its totally packed when you finally start to board on!!!) I have just given up following maps when im navigating the road system - its easier just to wander and eventually you find a station or something big with which to orientate yourself!!! One of the things that I dont advise using to orientate yourself with in Tokyo though - is the Tokyo Tower - reportedly 3 meters bigger than the Eiffel tower - its completely invisable till youre a block away!!! (Which I find totally odd - mebe i was just much shorter last time i was in Paris - but im sure i remember the Eiffel tower being HUGE.. and visible?!? Like i say... it was a long time ago!!!

So, explored more temples and shrines - a little unimpressive after Vietnam but still interesting - im hoping that out of the city the temples will get better!!! Saw the Japanese Emperors house - again, not quite Buckingham Palace... and lots and lots of crazy skyscapers and shops!!! A few parks... all good...

And most impressive - I managed to find somewhere for lunch, order a vege dish, and eat solo!!! (My little sister who laughed when I said I didnt want to eat alone in the hotel restaurant at Heathrow on friday night, will be proud!!!) I even managed to order noodles, which was what I was craving last night!!! Heehee!!!

So off out tonight - dinner and drinks - and braving the subway home late at night!!!

Tomorrow gonna day trip out... will no doubt bore you with the details at somepoint!!!

Tags: Travel Tips

Comments

1

Hey! had exactly the same problem with tokyo tower!! Amazed i ever found it! isn't it great though (or maybe i love it cus used to watch a crap jtv romance/drama with a fit jboy in it that centred around it! are you loving tokyo tho? you know you are!! good luck on the eating veggie..it's tough out there i know xx

  Julia Dec 13, 2007 1:50 AM

About lex


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.