Existing Member?

The Amicable Adventures of Ichabod Crane and his faithful sound recordist/food tester, James Dandy An honest account of my current sweltering experiences in the not-so-geriatric-friendly city of BrisVegas

The stars are apparently 'on my side'

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 12 February 2008 | Views [356]

Allo Allo!

This week has been much of the same – work, work, finally sleep and then work a bit more. My weekend, however, was a tad more exciting as it consisted of accompanying my mother to run errands in preparation to moving back in. This included meeting with a 'colour consultant' for the house – trying to keep an open mind, I was doing very well up until the woman rocked up and started by asking us to "sum up, in one word, the feeling you'd like to provoke in your visitors". I couldn't help myself and said necrophilia - hence I spent a fair bit of time in the car...but as a gentleman caller once said: “I am disappointed, but I am not discouraged” - I know deep down, she thought it was funny...she was just very good at hiding it.

I'm planning on going to another gig tomorrow night at the Gallery of Modern Art. They're hosting music sessions called 'A night with Warhol' – basically I'll be seeing the exhibition all over again but with a couple of bands playing including some Velvet Underground cover band from Europe...should be interesting...

Saturday night I drove up to Mt Nebo with some old school chums 'the twins' for a blazin' bbq accompanied by some good ol' mullet rock 'n' roll, and ended the night heading back to their house for a night marathon of guitar playing then guitar hero: a game which thoroughly hurt my ego – I was a complete utter spastic on the plastic guitar, much to the delight of the others but it highly entertaining.

I've been prepping for the Academy Awards and seen most of the nominated films – Juno is hilarious, Javier Bardem is stunning in No Country For Old Men, I'm Not There is very good (sad watching Heath Ledger though) and There Will Be Blood is fantastic too (Daniel Day's the shoe-in for Best Actor).

And apparently things can only get better from here...or so my newspaper tells me. My horoscopes have gone from recommending that I avoid 'red-aura people' to informing me that from now until 2020 I will be an admired figure in my career field...has something to do with Pluto apparently...things are looking up!

Tags: Misadventures

About lewija08


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.