Existing Member?

Lesley and Jan in Palau

Malaysia

PALAU | Monday, 29 June 2015 | Views [277]

KL at night

KL at night

Hello from KL!  City of walkways, fountains, BIG buildings and terrible pavements.  We have "bummed" through Malaysia via Penang, Ipoh, Kuala Selangor, Kuantan and now KL.

I will soon post more pics - but suffice to say we have had lots of fun on the road.  People here are so friendly and welcoming - lots of time people offer to show us where to go when lost; I have been given bananas, oranges and cakes.  It is Ramadan so there is a generally festive air every evening (Muslims cannot eat or drink until sundown - I have challenged Jan to do this!).

KL is sadly our last stop before home.  It is a fantastic city with lovely parklands, beautiful (and free) galleries and museums plus of course the Petronas towers (pictured on right) which we the worlds tallest toweres when built - for about a year.

If you have every tthought of Malaysia for a holiday - do come.  If you have never thought of it - definitely come!  Great food (especially on the street), beaches, jungle and air conditioning everywhere is you need it.

 

 

Travel Answers about Palau

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.