Existing Member?

Lesley and Jan in Palau

Partying!

PALAU | Monday, 26 January 2015 | Views [532] | Comments [1]

If there is one thing Palauans know its how to party.  We attended a Welcome to 2015 one this weekend and it was sensational.  For a start everyone joins in - ladies ask men to dance or vice versa.  And everyone dances until they drop. And the music is great. Not as screechy as Cambodian music and definitely not lady Gaga; but great to dance to.

Friday we were treated to traditional dancers (as in the picture).  There is a great custom that as the dancers perform people dance around them and give them $1 bills.  I have personally benefited from this at a recent event and made $21 in about 5 mins!

We also had a huge buffet, jelly shots, new year necklaces and games.  When was the last time you played musical chairs with beer??  And I won that game and netted a prize of a cruise. Yes, lots of raffle prizes too.  Palauans are really into food prizes and beer.  So a great recipe for a party.  

Comments

1

Hi guys, just been reading your blog. You are have a fabulous time by all accounts.
Lesley - I am very impressed with your ability to make $21 in five minutes from your dancing - you would get arrested here for that!!
How much longer do you have over there? I don't think I would ever want to leave a place like that, despite the Spam and the rest of the bad diet.
Hope you are both well and happy, love Marg and Bonnie xx

  Margaret Trousdale Feb 11, 2015 4:09 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Palau

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.