Existing Member?

Diving to the Bottom: Tales from the Southern Hemisphere

“My brother then bought 1000 Japanese cameras. They all go "Crick".”

USA | Saturday, 25 July 2009 | Views [1429]

I broke my camera this morning on my way into work. Not really sure what I did to it, but the lens is stuck in a way that even after taking it apart, I could not get into the inner workings of the lens to retract it back in.

Being the impatient person that I am, I had no choice but to "Johnny-5 Disassemble" this camera much to the amusement of my co-workers. Although it did not prove to be a fruitful task, I decided that it was still worth a shot. I rather fix it myself than pay for a new camera. If I had patience, I would wait to get home on Sunday to see if a warranty is still a possibility when I find the paperwork for it. I'm pretty sure the chances that there is still a valid warranty on it is nil.

So, I have added this chore to my "Peru To Do" list. Just when I thought that I was finally ahead of myself...

On the positive side, it's better that if it had to break, that it broke here in the U.S. before I start my trip. Nothing worse than going on a crazy adventure abroad and not being able to capture any of it. Can you imagine me trying to describe scenes and photographic moments upon my return home? You've all heard my long winded stories- so we all know how that scenario would end.

I will dutifully go out tonight after work, do some quick research for a new, cheap camera in the mean time. Something tells me that my existing camera may not survive as it is and time is running low.

Still haven't packed. I put more stuff in the living room to help organize myself.

Realized that my backpack is too large to carry on @ 27". Whoever said "bigger is better", well...I'd like to meet that person in a dark alley.

Found my plug pants.

Can't find my hiking boots. Is it possible that I forgot 1 pair of shoes in Pittsburgh? I guess one pair out of 20? 30? 80? isn't bad.

Packed my drugs (all legit, by the way)

Looks like my Sunday "to-do" is going to be a little crazy...

Lesson #2: Procrastination- because there is no such thing as getting ahead. Why try to rush it?

About lem53venus

This is me. Being Zen.

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.