Existing Member?

Backpacking with Style Hello! Welcome to our travel blog! Read on to find out what CLifton Rotary get up to in Nepal. Enjoy!

back to kathmandu

NEPAL | Sunday, 25 November 2007 | Views [442] | Comments [2]

Blog 25 11

 

Here we are back in Kathmandu after our adventures in Pokhara. paragliding was stunning for Tim, John, Lottie, marilyn and Debbie! The Singdi party had a very tiring but excellent trip and the usual regal welcome at the village. All the children on parade as usual. One of the guides was a former pupil who remembered the W-o-T primary school visit in 1999. They had to buy sandals to cross rivers so they could do the trekking in 1 day and Keith’s size 14 caused some problems! Barring several leeches along the way they all came through with no problems. They were too late and too tired to join the rest of us for a meeting with Pokhara Fishtail Rotary which went well with lots of questions and discussion. They feel much more progressive that we do as they have 3 lady members! We will be discussing a long term link with them when we get back. After that we went on to Narendra’s house for a rooftop party. Great views on moonlit snowy peaks, lots of chatting to his and Chandra’s familes, beer, wine and some Aussie fizz bought be David A as a treat for us all. Met up with Devi the med student again who presented me with a tie to much comment from the rest of the team. It went well with the Nepali Topi all the men received  - little purses for our ladies.

 

Our 6th internal flight saw us back in Kathmandu, some sporting our altered Rotary polos – we had Nepal 2007 embroidered in matching gold thread under the logo and Clifton.

 

Beautiful sunny day, as it is today, so not loking forward to the weather in UK. Spent some time sorting out all the trekking costs and hotels in the East – around £50 each!! Spot of shopping last night in small groups – Thamel is so busy now with vehicles up and down the narrow streets – I much preferred it during last year’s curfew when I was virtually the only western shopper! All the unaccompanied men have put a lot of thought into buying presents so please remember that back home!!

Today we go to Bhaktapur and then back to Kathmandu on a coach tour to see all the ancient sites before a final night do at Rum Doodle bar.

 

See you all soon.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Lovely photos - wouldn't like to guess how many others there are! Not sure about all the beards - enjoy the Rum Doodle see you all soon.

  leigh-and-tim Nov 25, 2007 8:14 PM

2

Aaaggghhh! yetis!!!
Safe trip back...
xxx

  Corinne Nov 25, 2007 11:03 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.