Existing Member?

Leah's Adventures Hi, hope you enjoy reading about my travels. In 2007 I visited Japan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Macau, London and Cardiff, Hong Kong, Thailand and Malaysia. 2008 will see more countries. Hope you enjoy reading about my travels.

Travel Update

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 9 August 2008 | Views [367]

After a few months of trying to come up with a witty and entertaining opening remark for this updated blog, I came to the conclusion that I couldn't. So, here it is. All my photos reorganized, a blog updating the things I've done since March 2008.

In March I arrived in the UK and decided to live in London. I've spent most of working (not very hard!) and saving for the next big trip. I've done brief trips to York, Cardiff and Bath in the UK, as well as doing touristy things in London. I did longer trips to the South of France (2 weeks) and Paris (6 days). 

I've been able to tick a few things of the backpackers list:

-Stand in the wind and the rain watching the Oxford vs Cambridge- Check

-Stand in the wind a rain watching the Cheese Rolling Races in Gloucestershire- Check

-Stand in the cold to see the Olympic flame in Chinatown London- Check

-Saw concert in Hyde Park- Check (by the way- the Police rocks)

-Been to Aussie Bars in London and drink Snakebites- Check

-See the end of the Tour de France on the Champs- Elysees- Check

-Spend time in Cannes, Nice and Monaco- Check

-See random sporting event in the world- Check: ATP Masters Event in Monaco

-Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites- Check, Check, Check, keep on checking

- Picnics in the summer in London - check sort of, have had picnics but summer in London........

Over the next few months I will continue to work full time and plan my next big trip. I am also doing a TEFL course so I can teach English overseas. I will continue to put more photos up and maybe even some more random thoughts. Until next time, Bye. Leah :)

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.