Existing Member?

The Tales of a Pisspot and a Worrywort!

Whatever you do DO NOT insult the Faeries!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 1 August 2012 | Views [350]

As I guessed Scotland did get better, we left Inverness and headed up the coast in search for the Isle of Skye. We drove past farming land full of Hairy Coos (cows), gorgeous lochs and mountains so so beautiful, Slioch being one of the nicest. Along the way we stopped off at a Clootie Well, where people dip their belongings in the stream and tie to the trees, these items then slowly decompose and as such removes the illness from the owner. We crossed Corrie Shalloch Gorge, one of the deepest glacial ones in the world (the crazy bridge was not to my liking).

This part of Scotland had absolutely stunning views up high and even found a beach with proper sand. We finished the day on the Isle of Skye, ate some amazing seafood and embarked on an adventure to a derelict castle and some otter watching in the bay.

We spent the next day exploring the amazing Isle, starting with a quick 7 second face dip in a faerie stream to lock in our good looks (the water also tasted delicious). Lunch in Portree then off to the secluded faerie glen, here insults such as hands in pockets, whistling, or swearing would bring you some great misfortune. In my case I did in fact insult the faeries and the drinking game at the end of the night did not treat me well. We hiked up the Currang Mountain revealing some of the best views I think I have ever seen, such serenity and fresh air is hard to come by!

We also stopped off at some 'kilt' cliffs, the Old Man Storr and drank from another faerie stream. As you can probably tell this tour has been jam packed with Scottish history, battles and legends including Bonnie Prince Charlie and the giants who fought and created the mountains on Skye. So much information I'm pretty sure I have forgotten a lot of it! Scotland definitely is living up to everything we could have expected and more (although Ray would prefer if everyone didn't go to bed so early!)

The next day we left the Isle of Skye and headed back down the coast to Oban.

L&R

 

About leaandray


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.