Existing Member?

The Tales of a Pisspot and a Worrywort!

Sun, Sand and Beach

VIETNAM | Sunday, 7 August 2011 | Views [286]

So we arived in Nha Trang, a little town on the coast of Vietnam, truely beautiful with a beach that was as far as the eye could see, over the cove was an island called Vinpearl Land. Vinpearl Land is Vietnams Version of WonderLand. Our first day was filled with absoutly nothing but sitting on the beach reading books and enjoying the sun shine, we decided that after a success of a day it deserved a night out.

We started at a place called the Sailing Club, an over priced shit hole, (the slightly bad part about calling this place over priced is the fact that a beer here was costing $1.50 instead is the 75c that we found very easy to get used to) any way we met some other aussies here that were keen for a drink for the night. We managed to find an ice bar - quite an odd experience being so cold then walking out into the humidity. 5 hours later Lea was dry wretching over a bin in the hotel room telling me that her being so drunk was my fault as O shouldnt have let her drunk straight vodka from the bottle (she sometimes forgets that I'm not responsible enough to say these things).

Day 2 in Nha Trang brings us to Vinpearl Land a fun exciting (for Lea vomit enducing) place full of slides, rides and sillyness a good day was had by all (except Lea who was extremely hungover and needed to rush to the toilet every 20 min - the rollercoaster ride didnt help!) that night was exceptionaly more sedate.

Day 3 came and it was time to join what can only be called a booze cruize heading through the islands off the coast of Nha Trang drinking, eating and being merry (this included a rendishion of Waltsing Matilda by the drunk captain who decided that because I was Australian I had to get up and sing with him). The floating bar was definately a highlight, swimming out in our safety rings and downing free punch! Day 4 we decided that another day at the beautiful beach was well deserved. If time permitted we could have stayed here for the rest of the trip!

Nah Trang done now onto Hoi An - not really much to say here, the place was small, it was a 5km trek to the beach and if you weren't getting something taliored there wasn't much to do. So we decided to continue on up to Hue with our new travelling buddies to see what war history we could find!

R&L

About leaandray


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.