Existing Member?

the balance if you don't know where you're going, any path will take you there. and what a good place it has taken me.

moving

USA | Wednesday, 6 January 2010 | Views [480]

I'm only halfway done moving and I already want to be done with it.  No, no, no, not moving back from Spain (that happened in September, woops, must have forgotten to tell you.)  This move is from my parents' home in Fort Mill, SC to Norfolk, VA where I will be starting a new (awesome) job with Operation Smile.

That's right.  I took the leap year, I taught English (and Art and Science) in Spain, I didn't know where I was going so I let any path take me there.  And it did.  I'm in a good place.

Most of you know that I take opportunities to live/travel far away.  Ecuador.  Spain.  Asia.  I like seeing new things, new places, new peoples, new ways of life.  But I also happen to be particularly fond of my family. 

So now I've got it all.  I'll be traveling 60% of the time with my new job (yay!), working for a socially responsible NGO (yay!), and living only 5.5 hours away from my parents, 6 from my brother, and 2 blocks from my aunt and uncle (hi, guys.)

So as little as I am looking forward to pulling a trailer and then unpacking it tomorrow (I should really work out more), I know that 2010 is going to be great.  And this is only the beginning. 

I invite you to follow my blog...again (I promise I'll do better this time.) 

Much love in 2010!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.