Existing Member?

Where on earth are we?

There's stalactite on my bag.

CHINA | Sunday, 27 July 2008 | Views [1431] | Comments [1]

Hullo happy campers, we're in China! Officially. God knows what Hong Kong is. Here is a short blogalog update for your perusal:

1. Went on a train with Mickey Mouse's head shaped windows.

Why?

2. BECAUSE WE WENT TO DISNEYLAND!

3. Watched High School Musical LIVE. "I dont dance, I know you can.. Not a chance.."

4. Went on Its a Small World. Now appreciate the diversity of the world and feel warm hearted to all.  It is a world of hopes, and of fears, however.

5. Ridded the world of the evil Zurg.

6. Felt the "G's" on Space Mountain

7. Tried to go to the Giant Buddha, but it was closed.

8. Went in the AM to try and do Tai Chi, but it wasnt on.

9. Went to the Giant Buddha. By cable car. We were in a cable car on our own - error. It became a mini 2 person disco. View our amazing picture, if we can get it to work, on this very website.

10. Mystery tea x many. Yellow skinned chickem, and copious amounts of mystery meat. Interesting. Probably ate a whole bowl of chillies. Looked like green peppers at first glance. Oh no.

11. Went to Guilin, in Soft Sleeper AKA first class. They were the only tickets left, oh dear. How terrible. We survived though, despite the call service button, tvs, duvets, air con and other horrible things.

12. Went to Seven Stars Park (supposedly the 7 hills are arranged in the shape of the plough).  We went in a cave with a tour group and it was basically rubbish. There was concrete everywhere. Theyd even dammed some of the water, and created their own sights. Bad. So... we climbed a big ass hill and found our own cave. We only had beccas phone torch and it was basically awesome. There were stalactites and stalagmites and bats and no natural light or other people. We could have died in there and not been found for a long time. Mmm mouldy. How reassuring.

13. Posed with the teletubbies.

14. Posed with Butterfree (a pokemon for those not as educated as Becca)

15. Went on a bamboo raft down the li river to Elephant trunk hill.

16. Hired bikes. Hired DEATH ON WHEELS. Cycled 16k. Becca was fine. Lauren was a pool of molten person.

17. Went to the night market

And thats all folks!

Off to Kunming in 4 hours.. only soft sleeper left?? Dam...

We love you all.

Lauren and Becca

xxx

Comments

1

Hi Ladies
Had a spare half hour at work and came across your blog which I found rather amusing. Look foward to your updates. I am a 34 year old female about to go travelling around the world myself - but on my own and first stop is China! ..so looking foward to hearing ur top tips! Happy travelling

  Manj Aug 6, 2008 6:11 PM

About lauren_and_becca


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.