Existing Member?

Where on earth are we?

ELEPHANTS HAVE BEEN HERE!

INDIA | Thursday, 10 July 2008 | Views [367] | Comments [1]

Afternoon! We changed our plans to bum around for a week in Goa, and instead took the bumpiest bus in the entire world, to Mysore. HOWEVER, before that, we went to Tholpetty, and stayed in Pachyderm Palace (apparently a pachyderm is an obsolete order of mammals, including the elephant, rhino, and hippo. Thanks Dave.) and went on a jungle trek, where we got covered in leeches and saw lots of deer and a giant squirrel. No tigers for us then. Well, we saw some tiger footprints... That was it. Oh, and we had some honey that we stole from some bees, and papaya straight from the tree. We did see some wild elephants on a bit of a night jeeping expedition, and any weight loss that may have occurred so far was reversed by the food provided by Mr Pachyderm. We learned that raw mango with salt is not good, and mystery teas always are.

We are now in Mysore, and have befriended some awfully nice Indian chaps with motorbikes (Sorry Mum), who have introduced us to some fabulous bars and purchased many a beverage. Another night here, then getting a train to the city of boiled beans (or Bangalore...) Then Goa, then Delhi!

Love you all (the current mosquito bite tally is 35)

Lauren and Becca xxxxxx

Comments

1

Hi Lauren (( and Becca! ))
Sounds like you're having a fab time out there, minus the mozzie bites, ouchies! We start our adventure in the morning (( Spain )). I've just got back from Florida with James and I'm flying off again! Neither holidays are as intrepid as yours, especially not Florida, but tents and porta-loos are involved at the benicassim festival which will be grim, no doubt.

Aunty Kaz says sorry that she didn't send you a message while I was away. She did try, but the messages kept going to your mom. I haven't got her properly trained in the department of email and blogging yet!

Will be back in touch when we return on the 30th. Stay safe till then!

Suzy & Aunty Kaz

  Suzy and Aunty Kaz Jul 15, 2008 8:48 AM

About lauren_and_becca


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.