Existing Member?

Mera naam Laura hai

From Mumbai to Ahmedabad

INDIA | Saturday, 8 September 2007 | Views [616]

We spent the last two days in Mumbai, the metropolis of India! It's a fantastic city! Stay and Jess swear that it's incredibly similar to a nice a part of New York they visit from time to time. Had it not been for the end of the monsoons we would probably have stayed around a bit longer! We did get to go to a beautiful British train station to try dropping off our luggage. Once that didn't work out we went to a little cafe to wait out the rain and then a hookah cafe. The hookah cafe was the happening place for all the 20 somethings in Mumbai! It has been so cute to watch everyone out on dates. After that we went to a huge British Tea emporium for snacks and tea. It was so formal that after being out in the monsoon and carrying huge packs we felt a little out of place, but they were very sweet and took good care of us. We were then on our way to the train station to the city of Ahmedabad. We sat with a woman whose entire family came to say good bye to her and got to ask her all sorts of questions about different customs and what she thought we should do in Amenabad since we were not too sure ourselves.

This morning we arrived and got into a much nicer hotel on Relief Rd. We went to coffee this morning and found an advertisement for a club with all sort of DJs happening tonight. Hmm... The wheels are turning!

We were followed in Law Garden by a group of little boys that were very curious about us. Stacy finally had to tell them to go away because they would not stop following us everywhere! And I am pretty sure something was lost in the translation because one of them kept saying he wanted to "cut me" and had nail clippers out... Umm... No creepy little boy. Go to school. It's odd being a side show where ever we go. Not unsafe at all just a curiosity for people to take pictures with or ask all sorts of questions about.

We may head out this afternoon for Ghandi's Ashram. They have another tea house. For someone who doesn't regularly drink tea I sure am acquiring a taste for it! Talk to you all soon enough!

Tags: On the Road

About laurabell

Laura in Downtown Seattle

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.