Existing Member?

Daniel Greece, (program of education for make benefit beautiful nation of Australia)

Day 20

GREECE | Monday, 26 July 2010 | Views [277]

We started off today with a morning trip to an ancient ruined temple to Apollo which had a church built next to it in the Byzantine stage. The old temple was pretty cool, you could walk into it and have a look around, there was also a little museum built nearby which had some info on the temple and what it looked like before it was properly excavated. It was on some guy land and al you could see was the dome sticking up out of the soil, o what did the guy do, he painted it red to match his house, pretty funny actually.

After that it was off to the school so we could continue work on our assignments, Phillip II actually had a really interesting life, he was a brilliant military leader but I think my favourite fact about him so  far has been the letter he sent to the Spartans. It said something like “… If I come into your lands and you don’t join me I will defeat all of your armies and burn your cities…” The reply simply said “If” Phillip never moved his forces into Sparta.

We went to the council this night for a kind of graduation ceremony… there were two TV stations present. We had to sit through some very long speeches and were given a certificate and a whole lot of books, it was a nice enough event. Afterwards the mayor and vice mayor (who looks a lot like a greek Will Ferrell) took us out for dinner again but we didn’t have a late one as we knew we would have a lot of work to do again tomorrow.

About lannigan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.