Existing Member?

Daniel Greece, (program of education for make benefit beautiful nation of Australia)

Day 16-17

GREECE | Monday, 26 July 2010 | Views [324]

I’ve combined these days because they were combined for us on the trip. We started off the morning by going to a park where they were excavating some tombs, all we were allowed to see was the outside wall of the tombs. After the park we went to Bergina, which was probably the best museum yet. Inside they had the tombs of Phillip II, one of his wives (he had 7) and the tomb of one of Alexander the greats sons, they also had some other amazing thing like the full armour and shield of Phillip II.

After Bergina I did my interview with Dimitri our tour guide about the life of Phillip II, we had some lunch, quickly went to Edessa and then went back to the hotel so we could start packing to get ready to leave.

Our plane for Kos left at 6 in the morning, we had to be there an hour early for check in, and it takes 2.5 hrs to get to the airport so we had to leave at around 2:15 in the morning, we all pulled an all nighter.

The flight to Kos and the ferry to Kalymnos both went without incident and we spent the day in Kalymnos eating yiros and swimming in the pool. That night we went to our favourite restaurant to eat and all crashed at around 11 o’clock.

About lannigan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.