Existing Member?

Daniel Greece, (program of education for make benefit beautiful nation of Australia)

Day 15

GREECE | Monday, 26 July 2010 | Views [300]

This morning we were invited to the Council of Aridea so the mayor could give us a little speech that lasted about 3 hours after he had given us all the books and stuff that he wanted to give us. After the council we went to the bazaar in Aridea where we did a bit of shopping, I bought some fake Calvin Klein jocks and some socks for 10 euros and a pair of leather lofas for 12 euros. Afterwards we went out and got some lunch at the loutra, at this restaurant was a dog that I adopted for the hour or so we were there, his name was Ares and as soon as we sat down he came up and put his paw on my knee. He looked like a german shep cross husky. Afterwards we went back to the little church we went to on the first day and they had a little service for us. Across the road from the church was a little business that made those preserved fruits in syrups like Yiayia makes. We sampled fig, rose, cherry and watermelon, and I purchased a jar of rose and walnut to bring home.

We went back to the hotel to get dressed up o we could go Giannis Gliavakis’ house again because he was throwing a party for us. He had hired a band, a dance troupe and we put on some of the bet food I’ve had in Greece yet. After the party we went back to the hotel for a good nights sleep.

About lannigan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.