Existing Member?

Daniel Greece, (program of education for make benefit beautiful nation of Australia)

Day 1

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 26 June 2010 | Views [238]

I guess I’ll start from the day I left for Melbourne. I spent most of the day packing and getting tickets, lesson plans and itineraries ready online.

We went to the airport at 4:00, Papou and Yiayia came to say goodbye but Luke didn’t (Luke obviously thought doing an exam was more important than seeing his little brother off, pfft.)

The flight to Melbourne was pretty uneventful, we didn’t even get a cookie... (damn cheap Qantas.). The stopover in Melbourne airport was equally uneventful, got some subway to eat and sat around for a bit.

The next leg of the journey was a 13.5 hour flight from Melbourne to Doha. QATAR airlines were awesome, nice seats, good food and good service, a little tv in the back of the seat in front of you with something like 146 movies to choose from. I watched How to Train Your Dragon, Alice in Wonderland, the new Disney princess and the frog set in 20’s/30’s New Orleans and Quantum of Solace. How to train your dragon was awesome, one of the best movies I’ve seen in a while, Alice in Wonderland was cool and different, definitely worth seeing, the princess and the frog was in the style of the old Disney classics like Alladin or the lion king,  but not quite as good, nothing can compare with those two.

That flight saw the end of day one and the beginning of day two

About lannigan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.