Existing Member?

Daniel Greece, (program of education for make benefit beautiful nation of Australia)

Day 47

ITALY | Wednesday, 20 January 2010 | Views [283] | Comments [1]

Had a bit of a late start today, mainly due to the pub crawl.

But we had been told that the Castle of St Angelo was pretty impressive, so we caught the metro over there and had a browse. The museum was actually pretty crap (but after the British Museum i think most will be). But its a cool old castle and had a nice view of the river and the city.

The metro was on strike until 5:30, so we had about an hour to kill, so we walked along the river. then headed back home and got ready for dinner.

We met up with Claudia, her bro Michael and his freind Anna for dinner. We went to this packed resteraunt, there was a line outside and it had loads of awards on the window, called La Montecarlo or something. We figured it must be good. Eventually we got a seat. I ordered penne carbonara for first course, then the house special pizza for second course (i was starving).  The food was ok, but far from award winning. the penne was extra aldente, even for me,  and there wasnt enough sauce, but it was pretty tasty, and the pizza was good, but not great. Still it was a cheap meal so cant complain too much.

After dinner we grabbed a couple of Grande beers (660ml bottles) at a random bar, and drank them sitting on a wall with the Collosseum right infront of us, pretty damn cool.

Comments

1

I'm jealous - never been to Rome but I reckon I am gonna have to after your glowing reports. Have you been on any passe giata's? There are some pretty cool Italian bands you should try and catch some while you're there.

  Auntie Koula Jan 22, 2010 6:39 PM

About lannigan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.