Existing Member?

bird legs getting bigger

Good Bye Vietnam! Hello Bangkok! Bye Bangkok!

THAILAND | Saturday, 2 May 2009 | Views [879] | Comments [2]

Wow, Vietnam fleeew by! Since Nha Trang, Dave and I saw Mui Ne, a quiet, beautiful little beach town. - With a wonderful natrual hotspring we got to walk up, and amazing white and red Sandunes to climb.
 
We also saw Saigon City. Wow! The traffic there IS like what you've heard! It's incredible because it is soo crazy but it *works* - most of the time! The roads are always flowing with mainly motorbikes, and unlike most cities, instead of waiting for a break in traffic when you want to cross - just just go. One has to make eyecontact with all the motos that are immediately heading towards, and keep a consistant pace walking across the road - no stopping, no running ahead. If you do this, its like magic - or water rather, the traffic just flows around you. Pretty crazy. And now that I'm back in Bangkok I have to remember that it is not the same here, and the cars most likely will not go around me as smooth as Saigon!
 
We spent 4 days in Saigon and I had a really great time - this was my last 'travel' part of my traveling experience - as the remainder of my travels will be spent just relaxing on one island on the beach until I come home - So Saigon was a great way to go out. We were sooo lucky enough to meet up with yet another couple of Friends from Vancouver, in Saigon. So wonderful how things like that just work out! And I really love the girl in the couple so it was good to have a girl pal around for a few days.
 
In those few days we did A LOT of walking, just exploring the city, we got to see the Vietnam War Remnents Museum, that actually re-installed a strong distaste towards americans for me... sad to say. And on another day we got to go explore the Cu Chi tunnels. - Where Vietnamese people had a whole life in the tunnels underground during war.
 
 I will make another update with more detailed Vietnam stories once I am relaxing on Koh Lanta, but for now just wanted to give a quick update of what we've been doing. I am currently in Bangkok right now, catching a SEVENTEEN HOUR bus ride at 6pm, to Phuket - where we meet up with David's sister for 2 days, and then Head to Koh Lanta with here and Thale, where I spend my last week of this great adventure. I can believe that it's almost over, but it still feels so crazy. All my memories of this trip already feel like years ago! Still fresh in my memory, but we've been here, travelling so long, that the earlier experiences seem like so far away.
 
But happily, and luckily, I am excited to be home. I wasn't sure if I would be ready, when I booked my ticket home a couple months ago. But, I am! Of course there will be lots of moments where I will feel sad, looking back, wishing I was still there. But with the many things I've learned and discovered on this trip, one major thing is that it has confirmed how much I completely adore my family. And I can't wait to just be with them every day and enjoy a BC summer with them. I am also so excited to cook for myself again, and see my friends and eat my favorite food! Annnnd, also, I will be single again, something I havn't been for a very long time. And I am excited NOT to date, to just hang out, alone, by myself, and really get to know myself again =) I guess thats the usual for travelers!
 
So for the last week and a half here I am going to lay in the sun, eat good thai food, swim in the beautiful ocean and just ENJOY myself, no plans, no schedule - but I will probably, as I said, make a  few more detailed blogs on Vietnam, and upload remaining Vietnam pictures in the next week. Love you everyone=)

Comments

1

Hi,

Your blog was so uplifting and positive. I can't wait to see you. Let me know the exact date of your arrival for Nanaimo and we will fly you in by sea plane. Savoir the last weeks of your adventure!

Love momma

  karen May 3, 2009 7:41 AM

2

Hi Landon,
Yes, all good things must come to an end sometime, I guess. But think of all the memories you will have from this wonderful adventure.
Sorry things didn't work out between you and David but you know we would love to see you anytime you are in our area. Enjoy your trip home to your family; I'm sure you will have lots of wonderful stories to tell.
Take care, Love, Bert xo

  Bert May 8, 2009 10:34 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.