Existing Member?

bird legs getting bigger

Siem Reap

CAMBODIA | Monday, 9 February 2009 | Views [462]

Haro, to start, I'm coming down from a bad case of food poisoning, so this entry may not be very enthusiastic. - But I have the time to write a bit now, so might as well...

We caught a 6 hour bus to Siem Reap about 4 days ago. It was a hot bus ride, I ahd the window seat facing the sun the whole time, buuut I liked it.

As soon as we got into Siem Reap town I liked it sooo much better than Phnom Penh. Compared, it is not dirty at all. And the river is clear! and there is greenery and trees. Ahhh. - Also, less blatant poverty and overcrowdedness. Andddd also not as dangerous.

We checked into the first guesthouse we looked at and have been there ever since. It is clean with a nice bathroom and two beds, and only $4 each a night! Also there is a restaurant on the roof that has a  nice view and lots of plants. Not the greatest food, but it's a nice place to hang out and have a banana shake. BY THE WAY, I'm addicted to banana shakes, have been almost as long as I've been gone, there are sooo good. And I fully intend to buy I blender when I get home and make them everyday.

Hmm, so we've really just been hanging out here and relaxing and enjoying the town and other travelers. We bought a week long pass to Angkor Wat yesterday, and yesterday got a tuk tuk driver to tae us to the far out temples - ones that would be too long to bike to. We had a great time but to be honest, I had been up the night before sick as a dog, and then all day I had cramps and was feeling sick, so I could not enjoy it and take it in as I normally would. Today I was so sick this morning that we didn't even go. But we have 5 days left, which will be enough, and I've been ok for FOUR hours now! That seems like forever compared to what it was. SO tomorrow is a new day. And I will update on the temples when I'm healthier and in higher spirits.

Just wanted to say hello and give an idea of where I am at. After Siem Reap we are going to te South of Cambodia to do beaches for about a week and then the next plan is still undecided - Either back into Thailand for a bit, or we will hit Vietnam. - Either way, we have decided we are going to go to Vietnam, just don't know when yet.

Bye Bye

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.