Existing Member?

bird legs getting bigger

Holidays & Niagara Falls

CANADA | Wednesday, 31 December 2008 | Views [507] | Comments [2]

(As a small note this was my first Christmas away from home, so for my family mostly, I'm posting a few photos of that. As homesick as I was I do have to say that I had a very pleasant Christmas with the Sanin Family, and was a little spoiled too =O And having missed the holidays with my parents and sister will make it all the more special next year =))

David took me to Niagara Falls today! To be honest many tourist attractions that are hyped up usually get me too over-excited and end up softening the 'wow-factor' for me. -Not with this! As we were driving down the road to park, as soon as I glimpsed the falls I think I actually screamed WOW! I couldn't believe how awesome and HUGE they were! They were beautiful, and probably so "WOW" because it is nature, and not man made like the other 'touristy' things I've seen.

It was freeeezing though! The mist from the falls actually pours down like rain in some areas, and since it is winter it wasn't very pleasant! Actually though, also because it is winter the cold air freezes all the moisture once it has settled and the plants in the area are stunning icicle plants! they looked like they belonged in a fairy winter wonderland.

We probably only stayed about 20 minutes. we were wet and cold, and Dave's unprotected ears turned purple! But it was worth it, it took my breath away <3     Photos!

Comments

1

ya

  david_s Dec 31, 2008 6:50 PM

2

Great photos so far. I can't wait to see some more. Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite, especially in Thailand. ha ha Have fun in the ocean and eating Pad Thai! Love yer mamma

  Karen Spenrath Jan 6, 2009 3:01 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.