Existing Member?

Great cruise in Chiang mai

Secound day with Scorpion tailed River Cruise

THAILAND | Friday, 21 September 2007 | Views [4266]

How are you today? The last entry is about cruised down the Ping River.

THe Ping River with Scorpion tailed Boat

The second day of traveling is very nice.I woke up at 8 PM. and has lunch at bamboo restaurant and then I promenade in the Scorpion tailed Boat Village's garden and saw some longan.The owner told me that " You can pick it from the tree. It very sweet" So I pick it and ate a fresh longan. Oh!! It very tasty.

Longan

Longan
Longan in Scorpion tailed Boat Farm

There have many longan in Chiang Mai. One kilo. is about 15 Bht. but in my country is very expensive. The owner shown me a banana farm and give me some banana.They are very kind and nice owner. AT 9 PM.I take on the boat.It was a clearly day.A blue sky with a green mountain.


The describer cruised with me and they has some customer in the boat.The describer told me that Muang Mai market is a good market to buy a fresh fruit and vegetable but If I buy a goods in morning,It'll better than evening because it's cheaper than the evening.Muang Mai market is located near American Consulate if you travel in Chiang

In the Scorpion tailed Boat
In the Scorpion tailed Boat
Guide was describing about the history of Ping river.

Mai and you need some fruit,don't miss this market.


The describer told me about the history of the ping river and local people life who live near the river bank.I think it's a great trip that I ever has before.Because the price is suitable for the trip and I can breath the fresh air while listen to the history and saw some old picture of the places which located near the river bank.Some place is more than 50 years but some place is more than 100 years! It still located at the present.


When I finished cruising down the ping river, they served a yellow mango and sticky rice and lychee juice at bamboo restaurant.They put a coconut mike and sugar in the sticky rice.Very sweet and fragrant.



Sticky rice and yellow mango make me rumble with hunger.So I went to the local food restaurant near the Scorpion tailed Boat Village.I ordered Khao Soi for a lunch. Khao soi is a local food.It look like a noodle in the curry . They put a coconut mike and chili in the soup.I think it too spicy for me but it's delicious.

Khao soi,curry noodle.A local food of Chiang mai.

After lunch,I went to The old city.I walk around the old city and call tuk-tuk to went to Suan Dok temple.This temple is very beautiful.The stupa of this temple be marked with the prosperity of the king who builded the stupa.This stupa and temple is very big so it shown that the king who builded this temple is very flourish.


I walk around the temple and saw many little stupa which contain the relic of the king and royal of Chiang Mai.I think this temple is very important for Chiang Mai people.


Now the time's up.I'll write the memorable story next entry.See u

Scorpion tailed boat  at the pier
Scorpion tailed boat at the pier
Before I cruised,I taken this photo.It's very charming.
Rice filed
Rice filed
A rice filed is in the resort
Bamboo restaurant
Bamboo restaurant
a cup of coffee before breakfast.Ummmm....very

Tags: Sightseeing

About lan_mulan

Me and beautiful flower in the Scorpion tailed Boat Village

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.