Existing Member?

Jenny's Lake District Experiences

Reflecting on a bygone trip to Keswick

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 7 February 2013 | Views [896]

Striding Edge

Striding Edge

Stumbling across an old memory stick, I found some great memories of a walk we did back in 2009. Now it was memorable for various goods and bad reasons. The good of course being the great day, bright sunshine crisp and cold the stunning views and scenery on the walk up Helvellyn in the Lake District. The downside was when we got back to our car to find the battery flat! It was fairly late on by this point so the car park was deserted but out of nowhere came a guy in a white Audi that just so happened to have jump leads! Phew.

We wouldn’t have been as bothered about the car issue had we not got dinner booked in the hotel we were staying at. Time was getting on and I’m sure as anyone who has done a decent fell walk would know, it were ravenous.

We were actually staying near Keswick for this particular walking outing so a bit of a trek to do Helvellyn but Mark our friend was wanting to do it. He was doing the Wainwright challenge that year. I have to say, it was well worth the travelling over there and neither of us had done Helvellyn for years. Oh, and we only saw one person wearing sandals, not bad when doing one of the touisty fells in the Lake District!

RedTarn was particularly beautiful that day, there’s photo for all to see with this post. It was so still it looked like a spillage of paint, not a body of water.

All in all a great day and strangely, the car issue made it feel even better, well that’s how we reflected on it back at the Castle Inn Hotel we were staying at when we were nice and warm+all changed out of our gear+fed and watered!

Tags: helvellyn, keswick, walking

About lakesjen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.