Existing Member?

Jenny's Lake District Experiences

What a Weekend in the Lakes!

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 3 June 2013 | Views [337]

Little Langdale in the Lake District

Little Langdale in the Lake District

Twitter has been a frenzy of Lake District images, walking descriptions and general tweets on events this weekend.

I was very lucky myself to have been able to enjoy it too and what a weekend it was! It has not only been a long time since I've experienced that level of sunshine but it has really, really felt like it's been ages too. To have to combined with a trip across to the Langdales and believe me, it was such a great weekend.

Boy was it busy though! We did the Great and Little Langdale round so we knew it was going to be busy, such an amazing part of the Lakes and well known. I have to say though, everyone was so friendly. That has been the theme throughout the whole weekend actually from filling up at teh petrol station to apres walking beers, everyone has been in such a good mood, so friendly.

The dogs had ana amazing time too and on the Langdale lopp, there's plenty of water opportunities for them including tarns for a complete cool down. Due to wet, dog shaking, I didn't want to risk getting my camera out so no images sorry!

We've walked the Langdales before but this time did take it out of us due to the heat. The views though were worth the sweating! It enede up nearly 10 miles in the end so we knew we'd well earnt a drink. We headed to Wainwrights Inn on the Langdale Estate and enjoyed a pint of Jennings Cumberland, most welcomed and most refreshing. We'd actaully wanted to stay over in one of the Langdale Estate lodges but we couldn't get anyone to look after the dogs. May be next time and make a real weekend of it.

Tags: lake district, langdale, walking

 

About lakesjen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.