Existing Member?

Kyms epic adventures

East Africa Mission Orphanage

KENYA | Wednesday, 28 September 2011 | Views [465]

THis is a bit late, but better late than never.  I met up with Francis in Nairobi. Great three days, stayed at 680 hotel (hint always take print out of confirmation) as it took 2 hrs to get my room but anyhow.  WE didnt do much, pub, food thats about it.  Then he drove me to EAMO.

IT was a great 10 days at the orphanage. Unfortunately both Ralph and May and the other long term volunteer left me there after three days. However it was great.  My main physical work was with Nacebo repainting the outside of girls dorm.  What i spent most of my time on was playing with kids, particularly the babies in nursery.  I was Aunty Kym and they waved and called my name everyday.  I befriended Johnston a little 6 yr old and Suzi.  I became friends with Paul and George and got reaquainted with Petey and Frank and also their friend Roger.  Learnt about factors to consider in a marriage partner and poems.  Made dinner for Petey, Frank, Rodger and Paul and Daniel then Nacebo, Rose, Emily, Monica and Angus (Daniel got another dinner). They made chipolatas which were very yummy.  Loved the kids and want to go back. 

 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.