Existing Member?

Kyms epic adventures

Africa

ZAMBIA | Sunday, 4 September 2011 | Views [356]

So i have done alot since on here last.  But alas I have no photos to put up.  Reason....I dropped it.  That was after I had been to Botswana in Kesane staying at These river lodge and Elephant Sands and saw male lions, female lioness calling her cubs and three cute cubs trying to find mum.  It was also after seeing hippos, elephants, giraffes, aall forms of deer mainly kudu.  It was also after completing the hut with the family.  However I cannot put these photos up because my laptop which has them all, has decided to not work.  The screen is all dots and lines!!!!

So after buying a disposal camera and choosing photos carefully, we got driven into Livingston for last three days of trip.  First night we went to the Royal Livingstone, a very flash hotel where cheapest room is $800.  As we entered we saw zebras grazing on the grass.  We watched the sunset with the mist from Victoria Falls in background whilst drinking lush cocktails.  Rachel and I got chased by a zebra (embarrashing).  There were cheeky monkeys everywhere.  Next day everyone went white water rafteing and I just cruised the falls.  Its not gushing but still lovely, what spoiled it was the awful babboons  everwhere following you around, eating out of bins.  There were so many, babies , huge males, mating couples.  Scary.  Next day was the gorge swing.  OMG..adventure and a half.  First was abseling down gorge, then zipline superman style across gorge.  Then came the swing.  Practically dropping like a bungy into a gorge for 53m then swinging across.  I went front ways, back ways and rolled off backwards.  Sooo much fun.  But what was the best was abseiling forward down the gorge. Really scary (and i had to go first in all these activities cause all the young ones were too scared!!) but once over and walking down I couldnt stop laughing.  I finished the night going out with my new friend NJaluka to African music and nightclub, got taught by and African woman how to dance and danced butts off in front of mirror (standard zambian dance style).  Next morning got up to go microliting over Victoria Falls. Magnificent to see rainbow that follows you, hippos, crocodiles and elephants.

Heading to Johburg in business class!!! for the night .  Very tired and emotional but Justice helped me out alot finding accomodating in Nairobi.  Now in Nairobi and it took about 2 hours to check in cause they didnt have my booking but finally got a room.  Will spend three days here with Francis then head to Nakuru for 10 days at East Africa Mission Orphange to see Riley.

 

 

Travel Answers about Zambia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.