Existing Member?

Kyms epic adventures

Costa Rica, 24th July to 3rd August

COSTA RICA | Tuesday, 2 August 2011 | Views [377] | Comments [1]

Wow what a wet and green and colourful and windy road place this is.  ANd full of adventures. Started at Torteguero Canals where we stayed in the Rana (frog) lodge on the canals.  Little cabina with only flyscreens to stop mozzie but you could here frogs and lizards and all jungle like creatures. ON the way to Torteguero, after stopping at a banana crossing, we visited a botanical garden and saw my fav humming bird with babies.  ON a canal tour saw toucans above us, boat beaked bird of some descriptions, otters, iguanas and lots of other critters.  We then went on a green turtle tour to watch the turtles lay eggs.  They do care about how they manage things here!

I met Marco and we were travelling in same direction, so headed to La Fortuna by shuttle.  It was raining (infact I think I nearly got struck by lightning) and grey so we hit the bar for happy hour.  Next day went rappelling down massive waterfalls, OMG walking through and down rivers and waterfalls, abseling down then then letting go and just zipping along.  Awesome and to add the most gorgeous man ever.

THen Marco was heading to Manual Antonio and since the bus costs the same and seems to take the same amount of time, doesnt matter where you go in the country, I went with him.  We stayed in nice hotel and hit the beach.  It was cloudy but water beautiful.  Next day went to the national park to see sloths, only saw one curled up, but plenty of white face caccupines (???) howler monkeys, iguanas.  I think I was a bit over travelling that day and just needed to rest by the pool, but made my way to Ronny Place that night for awesome seafood, sunset and sangrias.  Manuel ANtionio is very touristy and bit seedy so not my scene.

Marco left for San Jose and I am now in Monteverde Cloud Forest.  ANd we are literally in the clouds, the mist came in about 2pm and it has been on and off heavy rain.  But this morning was beautiful so went on a bird hike and saw good views of toucans and emerald toucanette.  THen headed the butterfly and frog park to see amazing display of colourful frogs.  Apparently outside my hostel is three sort of resident sloths, of course they are not here now but one has a baby and other only one hand.  My aim is to see a moving sloth.

 

Comments

1

yo Kymmy, nice chatting today! Was hoping to spot a picture of your 'travelling together' companion...! Cocktails in the water look lovely :-)

  Kel Aug 2, 2011 9:52 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.