Existing Member?

Kyms epic adventures

Playa del Carmen and Cancun, 22nd-23rd july

MEXICO | Sunday, 24 July 2011 | Views [463] | Comments [2]

Our last few nights.  We arrived at Playa after a massive water taxi and bus ride which luckily I slept for most of.  Hotel Playa del Carmen was nice and had seafood but kept it very quite.  Lauren and Rachel left us from the tour. 

THen Jen and I went to swim with the whale sharks.  Once getting over the absolute chaos of the huge number of boats and people we had to quickly get our snorkels on the jump in the water.  Visibility was about 20m so had awesome views, got about 2 m away from the huge 4 m whale sharks.  Got in the water about 4 times, first was very quick (about 1 minute) and saw its large back, but rest of times I was swiming next to its head, watched it eat, all the fish that tag along with them.  There were about 20 around that day, but the previous day they had about 200 swimming around.  Fantastic.

Last night and day in Mexico spent on isle of Mujeres (island of women).  Beautiful place with the most amazing water I have ever seen.  Got myself new bathers permanently plastered to my body (aka - sunburn everywhere except bather shape).  Stayed at Na Balam - I would recommend anyone going to cancun to stay at the isle rather than cancun itself.  Hit the town and met a couple of guys to go dancing with .  We have now completed dancing to all the varieties you can I think - salsa, merengie, reggae, pop and rap!  I will miss central america, exceeded my expectations!

Comments

1

awesome Kym, dont suppose you got photos? That is def on my to do list, probably Exmouth though.

  Jen Jul 24, 2011 7:36 PM

2

Love your blog Kym, I have always wanted to swim with Whale Sharks, Can;t wait for the photos.

  Shannon Jul 24, 2011 10:10 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.