Existing Member?

Kyms epic adventures

Phoenix

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 3 July 2011 | Views [293]

Well my trip finally started with four days in sweltering Phoenix.  Although I didnt mind the dry heat of constantly over 40 degrees, it was a bit of a harsh shock from Perth winter.  However I was lucky enough to stay in a gorgeous home on Penny and Chris in Glendale that had a pool and spa.  After sleeping for nearly 12 hours to get over my non sleep 22.5 hrs in plane flights, I relaxed in the pool and in front of the super large TV.

On the third day Penny collected a friend of hers- Mary and son Cody and we headed to Flagstaff. The drive took us higher in the mountains of pine trees to cooler weather.  After spending a night there, we headed into the town, a university town on NAU.  It was pretty cool little place, had a nice burger and chilli fries then headed onto Oak Creek Canyon. Awesome drive through canyons.  IT was independance day long weekend so it was really busy out, all camping sites and parking sites were full.  However we found the west fork trail and headed along a lovely creek past a resort that used to be there in the 1930's to a cool canyon, reminded me of a smaller Zion Canyon. Making our way back home through Sedona (and found an awesome bar overlooking canyon and mountain ranges) it got hotter and hotter.  Party the following night catching up with BLM crew from the time I was here before, and getting somegood tips on what to do in Belize, Mexico and Costa Rica.

I woke up this morning at 3am to head to the airport, I reckon it was already 30 degrees.  Cancun here I come.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.