Existing Member?

curiosity

Sharing Stories - A Glimpse into Another's Life - a week in the fine city

SINGAPORE | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [149] | Scholarship Entry

There been late at night since we arrived in Singapore. I used to be a person on the field of work, strict, and never going to involve with that kind of adventure, but you know what? This week I got an adventure that change my life forever.

It 11 o’clock mid night already but we still lost in the city map to find the place to sleep. As it always be, we keep turned left and right. What I knew is that we totally lost. Sometime I found out that not the ticking on the clock, the sweat on my back or the place that wasn’t found but it was the feeling safe and protection. It was the first time abroad that I got that feel. Under the flash light along the street it reminds me the totally safe, lost and found but what I knew was that we were in Lavender St. and it not going to took us anywhere farther. Once I remembered was that I joined the crowd to dance flash mob on the street. It was really cool and amazing. There a lot scenes for my second day in the city, from one place to another I realize it bounded to one another with its own culture and traditional style I found something same, same but different. Later on, I had learn to drink, to be sure, I never drink or drank before, I like crowd and noise place. When I got into the club, that night was the first time I drank whisky and danced like nobody see. It was the beautiful night as much as I remember and this must be the teenage dream of the most. And I realized that, we always have time to make friend. And to learn, to learn when the whole world said it can’t be done, and hope of a country demonstrated that the world was wrong. Time after time, there too many things for the last day, I went to the beach and climb up to the top of the mountain. There was a fun day of all, but when I came back home there only one last line of MRT that had left. If I can still imagine that scene, it totally look like I was in the Marathon racing. This is what it end, last minute in Singapore, was when I on the train on the way to Malaysia. When I opened my eye again I already in Malaysia.
Finally, I don’t know too whether my story is unique or not. But this one week in Singapore had changed my perspective. I realized that life is worth to be living in the moment and adventure mean we don’t need plan and ready to take risk. When I was traveler not tourist. When I was drown by curiosity not by a book . And the bible, remembers life is the succession of event and it all depend on how we live them.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About kyle


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.