Existing Member?

curiosity

A Hidden Nation of ‘’No-free toilet’’ Display

CAMBODIA | Monday, 25 May 2015 | Views [174] | Scholarship Entry

Nature connects all life and the thrill of the sharps mountain valley seem to frightening my thought as I look back to how those magnificent redemptions carved its way into my memory.

Most people view Laos as bypassed of the three nations that simply undifferentiated from one another, but for me, the eccentric of nature, the conservatives of culture, the non-optional food and the most spectacular “No free Toilet” tradition has been one of the most remarkable rebirth perspective.

When the bus was graving its way through the curvy site of the rocky mountain and I realized that I was 6000 feet above the sea level and as I looked down the thrill of nature still hold sway beneath me and the gloaming light of the sun started to kiss the horizon up ahead, I have no idea I was entering the gate of abandoned sign, where people eliminated the outsider culture and left with the honourable heritage like a gem museum.

Lung Prabang has remained one of the most sacred locations in Laos, hidden in the thick lusted forest along the most forgiven rivers, the place gave me time to be a perfect anonymous stranger trying to solve the quest of my journey; “Am I a backpacker, a traveller, a tourist or escaping from something?” That was the time when silence did give me a thoughtful answer. First time in my life, I woke up at 5 am for the Making Merit, listened to holy speech, mediated and bowed in front of the sacred statue. Even, I am not a religions person, but I was so grateful for everything.

My next stop was Vang Vieng, a place that consisted of everything a nature could provide, the blue lagoon, the cave, the trail and most of all friendship. It was the time when curiosity leading me to a new path, when I didn't have to make plan to have a good night, when I have to taste the most awful food while local called it tasty and I have to save every spared cash every time I need to go to the bathroom. When I met new friends and we were having a good time.

After all, Laos has taught one thing, that we all have time to make friend and to learn when the entire world said that, there’s nothing can be done, but the hope of the journey spirit strong, and above all, it taught me that life is a succession of events and it all depends on how we live them.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About kyle


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.