Existing Member?

Wilson Family Travels Follow the Wilsons as they travel across Europe!

Toulouse #1

FRANCE | Sunday, 9 March 2014 | Views [201]

Hi From Toulouse:
 
    We’re running out of words, but we’re not running out of photos.
 
    Marz and I toured the Place du Capitole in Toulouse (at or around the center of the city) around lunch time today and went back later with Sophia and Keaka to show them.
 
    Let’s go to the photos.  Marz is inside a walkway at the Toulouse City Hall, which is a building looming over the square (at least we think it is City Hall).  The remaining photos are various looks at the square.  You might see the McDonalds (there was another one about three blocks away).  McDonalds was very busy at lunch and interestingly had a walk-up window.  I don’t believe we’ve ever seen that at McDonalds.  There were a number of other restaurants around the square and in one photo you get a look at a few of the people dining.  It was a very nice day and probably pushing 60 degrees.
 
    By the way, we’re still amazed at how much these folks eat at lunch.  Some grab a thin baquette sandwich or go to McDonalds, but the majority seem to sit down to what we see as a large meal.  Of course, when you get to 8:00 pm it’s time for another large meal.  Fascinating, especially considering most French seem to be on the slim side.
 
    There’s more coming on Toulouse.
 
The Wilsons

 

           

About kwilson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.