Existing Member?

Wilson Family Travels Follow the Wilsons as they travel across Europe!

Hondarribia

SPAIN | Sunday, 9 March 2014 | Views [294]

Hello From The Barcelona Trip:
 
    It’s Friday evening and the Barcelona Trip concludes tomorrow.  Whew!  It seems like we’ve been on the road a long time.
 
    Yesterday we left San Sebastian in Spain and made a couple of quick stops in Basque Country, which is a stretch of about 100-miles in Spain and France along the Atlantic coast.
 
    Just a few minutes from San Sebastian is the old hill top village of Hondarribia.  We were told it was a don’t miss.  So, we didn’t miss it.  There’s actually the very old part of the city on the hill and more of the city below along a bay/harbor.  Look it up.
 
    We walked around the hill community without other tourists.  We’re out of season, which has it’s advantages (and some disadvantages).  The photos show the narrow streets and should be self explanatory.  Yes, people live in this part of Hondarribia.  One photo shows a couple of typical residences.
 
    You might also note that Keaka now looks as tall as Sophia, if not taller.  When we arrived in France just over six months ago, he was about four inches shorter than Sophia.  Yes, he’s experiencing a growth spurt.
 
    By the way, the stretch of Basque country between San Sebastian in Spain and Bayonne in France is really impressive.  Once we left San Sebastian we saw lots of single family homes.  Actually, this stretch of real estate has some of the most impressive single family homes we’ve seen anywhere in Europe.  Some of these homes feature ocean views, which tells some of the story.  Add the cleanliness and organization of the Basques (and the ocean, hills and mountains) and you have an appealing area.
 
    Lunch in Hondarribia and our drive through St-Jean-de-Luz, France is coming up next.  Then we’ll catch up with our stay in Toulouse.
 
The Wilsons

 

             

About kwilson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.