Existing Member?

Kris & Chris & The World

Living in an Monopoly Board

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 28 May 2007 | Views [234]

We have arrived in London! Arrived to a very bleak day with rain and only 10 degrees, not ideal after the heat of Rio. But we were glad to be here none the less, in fact it actually feels like coming home as everyone speaks English and we have a few friends here. The first day was all a bit surreal, we played Monopoly and then the next day went for a walk around and it was like being on the board - look theres The Strand! And Trafalgar Square! Lets buy them : ) Very very funny.

I have gone out to Wimbledon to stay with Meraud, which is awesome! And she lives so close to Wimbledon Park its not even funny, in fact I accidently ended up there one morning and almost hyperventilated! I had to check the map to make sure it really was THE Wimbledon, but there is was in black and white - All England lawn tennis and croquet club, centre court and all. And now have been for a run around the park, so its pretty cool. Can't believe it!

We are now facing reality that we will soon run out of money, so are sadly looking for jobs. In fact I have an interview tomorrow with an agency that works with Top Shop and Selfridges - pretty excited about that. But it will be odd to have to go to work again.

So we are loving it so far, even the tube is fun at the moment. The other day I went on 7! It is so easy.

we also went to the London Eye, which gave great perspecive of the size of the city. And visited the Queen at Buckingham Palace, which was actually not that impressive and made me think of poor Diana.

Wish us luck for the job front...

About kristinandchris


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.