Existing Member?

Kris & Chris & The World

Are we still on the tracks

BRAZIL | Sunday, 22 April 2007 | Views [175]

Have arrived in Brasil!

Last few days of Bolivia were spent in Santa Cruz, a very hot steamy place where we stocked up on smaller clothes at such cheap prices it was ridiculous and then went out for a night on the town, which involved a lot of strong cheap drinks! We went to the street where all Bolivians in Santa Cruz hang out, basically like Courtneay Place except you drive there and drink outside your car on the street till 2 or 3am and then go into the bars. We took a taxi there which involved me and another girl sitting in the boot on a tyre. After buying drinks at a dairy and drinking them on the street with some dudes who couldnt understand us but were really nice anyway we went to a bar and listen to the live band playing the doors and red hot chilli peppers as well as spanish stuff. At about 4am it was night over so we piled into a cab that had plastic taped to its back windows instead of glass and didnt seem to pay attention to red lights!

So yesterday was hung over day, we didnt do much except go go karting, which was heaps of fun! And then get on board our night train to the border of Brasil and Bolivia. It was only supposed to be a 12 hour trip, but due to break downs it turned out to be 17!!!!!! But thankfully due to my hangover i managed to sleep most of the way. The only odd thing was that it is the bumpiest train I have ever been on. It literally feels like you are about to launch into the air and.or derail. And trying to drink a cup of water was another thing all together. Anyway we finally arrived at the border just in time to officially leave Peru. But not in time to enter Brasil as the officially are taking their seista. But apparently thats okay because we have come into the border town on the Brasil side for lunch and to wait until they open up. So i guess technically we are in neither country at the moment which is of course a bit odd....

This afternoon we are heading to the Pantanal, to check out the wildlife for a couple of days. We are both pretty excited about Brasil, as it is so hot and after wearing thermals for most of Peru and Bolivia it will be nice to wear shorts etc. Also have purchased a rather small skirt.....but will not be going near the thong bikinis!

About kristinandchris


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.