Existing Member?

Turkey - India - Nepal - China...

Visiting India for almost 2 months

INDIA | Sunday, 25 February 2007 | Views [733]

In 2 months, it is very hard to cross such a continent!

so i mainly visited Rajasthan, a state big like France. The west of Rajasthan is the desert forming the border between Pakistan and India.

The landscape is sunburnt, dry, and quite desertic. Sometimes, huge and magnificient fort and palaces are rising from dust, on the top of rocky cliffs!

it reminds us that Maharajas where rulling the area !

The people (especially women) are wearing colorfull clothes.

Colors and jewelleries are symbol of cast, tribe, or marital status.

Women from desert are wearing heavy and shiny rings all around the body: around neck, head, legs. Their arms are covered with big bracelets, from hands till shoulders.

Men wear colorful turbans, and women wear long Saris : pink, orange, brown, white, black, safran... 

In India, astrology and astronomy is the same. Indians go the astrologers to check if they match with the woman/man they want to marry. In Europe, astrology is not consideed seriously, but here it is a serious science that has nothing esoterical. This science is thousands years old.

Tags: Culture

About kokoricooo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.