Existing Member?

Turkey - India - Nepal - China...

Historical day in Nepal: Maoists are now in a official political party !

NEPAL | Friday, 29 December 2006 | Views [721] | Comments [1]

We arrived in Katmandu the very day before Maoists entered officially the government

of Nepal.

 

Maoists arer revolution people. They would like to get rid of Nepal’s king, and let Nepal become a communist republic, as the dictator Mao did with China.

 

For this reason, they started “The War of People”, about 10 years ago. Maoists killed thousands of civils and militaries in Nepal during the last years. Nowaday they look like the average Nepali , and are very polite when asking trekking tourists to pay 100 NRP/day.

We arrived the day of a historic political decision. The war is officially stopped. Maoists declared they will give weapons back and join the “democracy”.

 they still make huge demonstrations in the capital, and organize rebellions in villages against police and army.

A few days ago, we saw in the central square of Katmandu thousands of “Red” people demonstrating, showing Staline and Mao on huge pictures. Do you imagine showing pictures of Hitler and a central square of Paris?

But here it seems they don’t know what made Staline…

Maoists and their supporters are from mountains … it’s third world here, there are not so many schools. They don’t have access the information as we do.

But they want to follow the only political party which looks active for THEM.

in a few months, after a referundum , another Revolution could happen here in Nepal...

Nepal people will choose if they still want the King.

 

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

hey KoKo!
Tout d'abord, tous mes voeux pour la bonne année 2007! Du bonheur, des rigolades, de l'amour et puis aussi réussite des projets, réalisation de tes rêves les plus chers!
Et puis un grand merci pour le recis de tes aventures que je viens juste de lire!
a tout bientôt ma vieille souche, des bises à toi et Liva!

topette la trompette!

  Pierrot Jan 6, 2007 9:47 PM

About kokoricooo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.