Existing Member?

Turkey - India - Nepal - China...

passing the internet cafe with the horse

TURKEY | Sunday, 12 November 2006 | Views [893]

After having a look at the coast and the beautiful sea, we visited Konya, and hitch hiked to a place called Sultanhani.

at the time of the silk road, there was Karavanserais: big places, every 20 km, where people used to stop and rest 3 days, for free. They could stay more for a bit of money.

we visited one of these place in Sultanhani. Our guide was 9 years old max, not speaking english, and was the youngest daughter of our hospitality club host.

Ferit has 3 children, is shoe maker, and hosted us for one night. He speaks fluent french and a bit of english. He learned these languages only with tourists. He is inviting many tourist for hospitality.

when we arrived in the courtyard, there was 2 sheeps. We understood that we were in real countryside.

The family is traditional muslim. Ferit explained many things about his religion and the traditional habits of Turkish people.

For us, having a meal in the middle of this family was a real chance and an opportunity to go deeper in the culture.

women made bred the whole day long. Ferit called a special taxi to bring the bags of flour. A horse and its trailer ! that's how we passed the internet cafe with the horse.

Ferit showed us men repairing very old carpets.

he is a great person. If you go in Turkey he will love to host you and show you around. He can tell you very much about Turkey, sites to visit and what to do.

Tags: People

About kokoricooo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.