Existing Member?

Turkey - India - Nepal - China...

Izmir and Efesus

TURKEY | Monday, 6 November 2006 | Views [759]

We arrived by night bus in Izmir, west coast. The night bus is luxuous, the young waiter gıve us hot tea and coffee all over the night !

Tea is generally offered for any occasion. Waıting on somethıng or someone, a bus, or just as a frıendly time to spend with someone else.

In İzmir we went on the highest point we could reach. On this hill were leaving the kurdish minority of the town but we dıdnt know about that and we dont really care anyway who is Kurdısh, who is Turkish.

We had great time wıth the young kids who were rushıng to say ''Hello'' or ''What is your name?'' I was feeling really secure ın thıs place and ı wanted to come back !

then the surprıse happened. During the evening we met several HC members. Some of them have never been ın this place of their hometown, because ıt was ''Kurdısh, quite dangerous, and not nice''.

we have a wonderful memory of this time spent on the hill ...

in evening we meet Yasemin, our HC host. She invites us to a little HC meeting in a bar of Izmir. That's how we met an HC member who offers to be our guide for the next day !

we visited Efesus with him ... you should have a look to pictures !

Tags: People

About kokoricooo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.