Existing Member?

Wide Eyed Wander-Ment Queensland attack....From Brizzie to the Gold Coast..living in he moment.

Day three bonus trak

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 11 September 2013 | Views [321]

After breakfast rode bike to mall to look for a rashie/ wet shirt for surfing. The friendly sales beauty helped me find a shirt and we spent a good twenty minutes talking about Aussie vs Usa culture tidbits. I ffound out that minimum wage is around$20 per hour and that tipping is rarely necessary. Headed on to find a bike shop. Asked around and ended up in this back alley where I met John who owns his own bike shop/coffee bar. He happily adjusted the seat on my bike with no charge(he said it was my lucky day since he is in a good mood) gave me a tour of the place (pics to come) and then we talked tattoos. He recommended a shop a few steps down from his shop. I gave him a hug and headed down to Back Alley Tattoo and met a Kiwi named Tamu. Cool and FRIENDLY guy. I found art booked an appt for two weeks from now and rode home. 

 

2 hour nap , back to mall to purchase rashie chat chat chat with Aussie sales, talked about Australia, the economy, The O.C., The Hills and cosmetic surgery. and then went upstairs to a investigate the Australian dentist. Yes a dentist in the mall. Found out that a teeth cleaning costs a fourth the price of a US cleaning.  I miss Beni and must find a way to sneak her into the country. Everyone is very gregariuos and kind for the most part  n the Gold Coast area. I'm chillin at Starbucks now enjoying the people watching.....Ken gave me the rundown on what I must see and do.

About knoxknoxrocks


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.