Existing Member?

Fun, Food & Foreign Lands!

Lunch with Susie

ITALY | Tuesday, 23 July 2013 | Views [144] | Comments [1]

Tuesday 23 July 2013

 
Went to Florence today as coincidently my dear friend Susie and her hubby Gibbsy are in Florence too.  Michelle, Norm, Tara, Andrew, Fiona and Karen came along too (Darren and Peter went off to Ferrari museum, factory and track at Modena).  Once again very, very warm (i.e. stinking hot) so lots of lathering of 30 plus suntan lotion and the wearing of hats! 
 
We met Susie at Florence railway station and then wandered in to centre of town (with all the other 1000's of tourists) doing a little bit of window shopping (& gelato eating) and found nice little ristorante with shade!
 
Susie and I found it quite wonderful (& surreal) that we were in the same city at the same time on the other side of the world and having lunch together.
 
We got back to San Baranto late afternoon and had very casual evening as the heat had zapped everyone's energy plus it had been go, go, go since we arrived in San Baranto last Friday so it was nice to just sit around having casual dinner (prosciutto, cheeses, bread with vino and campari).  The wine is so cheap here (& nice...) and I am also sooooo loving Campari soda and think it might become a drink of choice back in Australia!
 

 

Comments

1

Missing you and Campari and soda's, but who's the pinhead in the photo?

  Norm Jul 31, 2013 8:42 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.