Existing Member?

Fun, Food & Foreign Lands!

London 11 July 2013

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 11 July 2013 | Views [201] | Comments [1]

Well I arrived on time this morning at Heathrow.  Couple of firsts for me i.e. got to fly on A380 and went through Dubai for the first time.  Was lucky to be seated to nice Aussie guy the entire trip and for those that know my habit of picking up elderly people at an airport well I didn't disappoint you!  Elderly Australian lady was in a bit of a pickle about how to transit at Dubai and then how to transfer to another terminal at Heathrow airport so of course I helped her at both airports!!!

Upon my arrival at Heathrow I caught Heathrow Express over to terminal 4 and was there for when Susie and Gibbsy walked out of arrivals hall.  We caught cab to their friends Alison and Andy's home in Ealing, London.  Gorgeous house (built around mid 1800's) and my room for the night is wonderful loft bedroom on 4th floor. Very english and pretty!

Once showered and looking like a normal human being (maybe not feeling like one...) Susie, Gibbsy and I headed off into London city centre via train / London underground and spent the day being tourists and having a fab meal and a few drinks in London pub.  Weather is fantastic, so warm and I got a bit of colour walking around.  We have had a sleep this afternoon and now having a few wines before BBQ dinner.  Feeling good so thinking body clock will be normal after good sleep tonight.  Heading off to Lyon tomorrow to spend the weekend with the Duroni's! 

xx

Comments

1

Lovely blog mate, feel like I'm there.... Lovely day in London with the Kazza xxxx

  Susie Jul 12, 2013 7:13 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.